Monkeys in Jeopardy
Improve students’ typing speed.
- Worsheet no. 9
Print two copies of Worksheet no. 9 (one for each group of students).
For this activity, students must have access to a computer.
- Separate the class into two groups (group A and group B) and use one copy of Worksheet no. 9 for each group.
- Write the names of the students forming the two groups in the First round column of their sheet.
- Pair up the students so that they each have an opponent for a Monkeys in Jeopardy duel.
- Let the students know which game mode for Monkeys in Jeopardy you want them to use. The mode corresponds to the keyboard row to practice (top row, middle row, bottom row, number row). Let students decide which difficulty level they want to use. Tell them that when the difficulty level is raised, the characters to type will move more quickly across the screen. However, points accumulate more quickly.
- The student with the most points at the end of each duel goes onto the next round. During the tournament, students who are eliminated work on other Typing Pal activities. At the end of each round, fill out Worksheet no. 9 with the names of the winners. Keep going until the semi-finalist from group A plays against the semi-finalist from group B in the final! At the end of this final challenge, the winning student is crowned champion of Monkeys in Jeopardy.